Sometimes I wonder if my whole life will pass by this way: me waiting in the shadows, waiting for something to happen. Waiting for someone else to make it happen. Something new or different or crazy and amazing. I‘ve been there for so long, letting everyone else figure it out for me, floating along without much direction or conscious thought. Reacting.
— Sarah Ockler
Monday, February 27, 2017
1:37 AM
Today I moved into my new room.
This is so scary, and a completely new experience.
I am a shy and reserved person, who loves being in my comfort zone.
I don't like change. Sigh.

I am living with 5 other girls. None are Asian although that is not a problem because my work place also has hardly any. I think growing up amongst other Asians made me very... shy(?)... and sheltered.. It was just safe? Like I was always in my comfort zone and in my little bubble?

When I started my current job, I found it quite hard to talk to non-Asians about things that Asian people knew about - K-drama, food stuff, and a lot of other slang and stuff... especially because I don't watch Western TV shows, it was sort of hard.

I think it is just the most uncomfortable situation I have been in.
We drove there, unpacked. I vacuumed and wiped down stuff. I tried to put all my stuff away and make it as neat as possible.. David helped with everything. We had pasta for lunch at a local resturant, and bought a new chair at Officeworks... put it together and then went to the city for dinner.

We wanted to eat at Red Silks but it was closed for maintenance.
David was very disappointed because we haven't been there in ages (he likes it there, I don't really).
We ate KBBQ at G2 instead. It was pretty good, but KBBQ is always so expensive.

David drove me home (lovely, I know) and we had to part ways.
I was actually still nervous and stressed the whole day.
I don't think anyone was home when I got home... they had gone out I think.
I showered quickly and talked to David on the phone whilst he drove back, and then I went to sleep.

Now at 1.20AM I have just been awoken by a few of my other housemates because their key wasn't working. I looked like shit and I was wearing my watermelon slip nighty LMAO fuck my life... and no bra as well. Sigh, maybe now we can be a little closer ......... ceebs life... only 355 days to go (in this house ... and another 3.5 years in this course LOL)

Well tbh I can either look like a sheltered young Asian girl, or like an old lady who gives no fucks... and I think I might be a mix of the two LOLOLOL

I hope tomorrow will be a better day.
I need to go to school to make ID and buy books..
and now look another two of the girls have just come home.. and AGAIN needed me to opened the door LOL

no fucks given about my watermelon nighty anymore.

- c

Labels:

0 comment(s): leave a comment